Wednesday, April 16, 2008

why Tax Day 2008 wasn't that bad...

Good day to you all! -

Life in Phoenix is getting a little more interesting lately, to say the least. For example: Lucy Pants (I like to call her Lucy Pants sometimes) is starting to "talk" more, work is picking up a little in spite of the "recessing" economy, Joe is having his evaluations and tests at the Mayo Clinic this week and next week (GO JOE! I hope they OK your transplant!), and the weather is a-changin! (got up to 97 this week!).

Also, the sometimes feared and dreaded Tax Day has come and gone. Most of the time I'm at least able to get at least 20 bucks back from the government, but there have been a few times when I've had to paid an ungodly amount to the IRS. During those years, I would pray for dear life that April 14th would just sweep over to the 16th. But here are a few reasons why April 15th this year wasn't all that bad:


(1) We have a brand spankin' new computer thanks to tax money...it's so AWESOME!!!!!


(2) I have a new haircut which is growing on me...especially since it's getting so warm out lately (it hasn't been this short since the 8th grade!)


(3) I have newly grown fingernails! For those who don't know, I've bit my nails to the cuticle (pretty much) ever since I can remember. And probably before then, too! This picture proves that after 20+ years of biting, quitting is still possible!

(4) Did you notice the ring?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...