Some of the things that have been the most SHOCKING to me so far include:
- Gaining back all the pounds that I shed throughout 2010
- Breathing troubles due to my asthma and decreasing room for my lungs to expand
- The amount of gas, bloating and heartburn that can happen all in one day
- The pitting edema that has occurred in my feet and ankles
- How easy it is to get sick with a suppressed immune system
- Feeling like there is a little alien now controlling my body
Some of the things I have WORRIED about the most so far include:
- Wondering whether or not we will be good parents
- Wondering whether or not we will be able to provide for our child
- Wondering whether or not our child will be healthy and strong
- Wondering how Lucy will get along with our child
- Wondering how WE will get along with our child
Some of the things I have ENJOYED the most so far include (but are definitely NOT limited to):
- Knowing that we are capable of creating life. We seriously thought it wasn't possible at all. Seriously. But life pleasantly surprised us!!
- Knowing that this person is half me and half Joe. Isn't that just so cool?
- The excitement of having someone to care for and unconditionally love. I unconditionally love Joe and Lucy (obviously), but knowing how peaceful that feeling is...it's just really exciting that I will have even MORE of that!
- Anticipating what his little personality will be like and what he will look like.
- People being so excited for us and happy for us.
- Not having a period is pretty awesome, too. I seriously LOVE not buying tampons every month!