Saturday, April 30, 2011

time's a-flyin'

It's amazing how quickly time has passed since we discovered that we are having a baby. The fact that we are having one is a miracle in itself, but it really is surprising how quickly time flies. I'm at the 24 week mark now which, since they estimate a 40 week (or approximately 10 month) gestation period, means that I am more than halfway through already. About 5 1/2 months to be exact. Time really flies.


Some of the things that have been the most SHOCKING to me so far include:
  • Gaining back all the pounds that I shed throughout 2010
  • Breathing troubles due to my asthma and decreasing room for my lungs to expand
  • The amount of gas, bloating and heartburn that can happen all in one day
  • The pitting edema that has occurred in my feet and ankles
  • How easy it is to get sick with a suppressed immune system
  • Feeling like there is a little alien now controlling my body

Some of the things I have WORRIED about the most so far include:

  • Wondering whether or not we will be good parents
  • Wondering whether or not we will be able to provide for our child
  • Wondering whether or not our child will be healthy and strong
  • Wondering how Lucy will get along with our child
  • Wondering how WE will get along with our child


Some of the things I have ENJOYED the most so far include (but are definitely NOT limited to):

  • Knowing that we are capable of creating life. We seriously thought it wasn't possible at all. Seriously. But life pleasantly surprised us!!
  • Knowing that this person is half me and half Joe. Isn't that just so cool?
  • The excitement of having someone to care for and unconditionally love. I unconditionally love Joe and Lucy (obviously), but knowing how peaceful that feeling is...it's just really exciting that I will have even MORE of that!
  • Anticipating what his little personality will be like and what he will look like.
  • People being so excited for us and happy for us.
  • Not having a period is pretty awesome, too. I seriously LOVE not buying tampons every month!
There have been (and there will be more) countless other worries and excitements going through our heads during this pregnancy, but at the end of the day, I'm just excited to be going through this experience with my family, friends and the amazing Joe. I'm positive that he's freaked out about some things, too, but having him on this road with me is just plain awesome!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...