Friday, June 3, 2011

anger

Called in a prescription for an inhaler this afternoon.

Went to the pharmacy to pick it up.

It wasn't ready yet because the pharmacist said I had no refills left.

I told her that my doctor probably won't respond until Monday because it's now Friday.

Her suggestion: "Go to Urgent Care to get a prescription."

Called my doctor's office to talk with an on-call nurse. Asked if I could get a refill for my asthma medication. Before I could even finish my sentence, the snotty unhelpful obviously-not-customer-service-inclined on-call nurse butted in and said "there are absolutely no prescription refills given after hours or on the weekends."

My response: "Well, what am I supposed to do about my asthma medication that I need?"

Her response: "There are absolutely no prescription refills given after hours or on the weekends."

Wow. Really? You couldn't flipping say something ELSE?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, MISS LIPPY!!!!

And seriously. I have asthma, okay? I have had asthma for almost 30 years now. And, I'm going out on a limb here by saying this, but...my guess is that I probably will STILL have asthma for years to come, if not indefinitely. So why in the HOLY LORD ALMIGHTY'S NAME can I NOT get a prescription unless I pay $100 dollars by going to Urgent Care?

SERIOUSLY?

So it's the weekend! Whoop-dee-freakin'-DOO! Doesn't mean my asthma mysteriously disappears from Friday through Sunday! And I mean it's not like I am trying to get more percocets or vicodin or something. It's freakin' ASTHMA!! It's a freakin' INHALER!!

So I guess my option is to go to Urgent Care, spend $100 on that visit PLUS the cost of the prescription. Or not go and have an asthma attack.

Awesome.

Love health care.

LOVE IT!!!!

1 comment:

Alejandro Samaniego said...

What a crock of shiznitz!

Me on the other hand, every time I go to the Doctor they try to stuff me with pills for crap I don't even have!

I've been given pain medication when I had no pain! They tried to give me shots when I've traveled to Africa for crap that was not necessary nor recommended...

Bunch of winners working there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...