Tuesday, September 27, 2011

what i CAN get enough of

You know how yesterday I mentioned that I just can't get enough of little Baby McG?

Well, here is one thing that I CAN get enough of:

Crying

Okay, okay. I know he's a brand new baby and babies cry. It's natural. It's what babies do. And I definitely haven't even heard the most of it yet.

But today, I have been annoyed to the max by it.

I mean, come on. Just stop already. I feed him a million times a day, I keep him dry and warm, I keep him clean, give him kisses and hugs and love on him, read to him, sing to him, et cetera...and yet he still cries. I don't mean to sound insensitive and, like I said, I know crying is what babies do until they learn other ways to communicate. But coupled with my lack of sleep and energy, the crying pretty much ticked me off today.

Does saying this make me a terrible mother?

Thinking it makes me feel like one.

I think I just need a nap.

Like a 10 hour nap.

2 comments:

Lindsay Teague Moreno | 5ive Photo said...

you are not a terrible mother. EVERY mother feels like this at one point. If they don't they're lying to you or themselves. The newborn phase kinda sucks for this reason. I have fuzzy details of the twins at this age because of my lack of sleep. It WILL get better. As the weeks pass you'll miss his tininess but you'll also remember how tired and worn down you were and be glad he's getting bigger! Hang in there mama! You're doing great.

L

Jen and Steve said...

Not at all. Newborns are cute and all but the newborn stage actually kind of sucks for the parents. I can remember being jealous of Steve that he got to go to work and sit down and have a cup of coffee in the morning. It gets so much more fun when they start to sleep more and be more responsive and independent. Hang in there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...