Saturday, June 30, 2012

the amazing charlie brown

Do you have any childhood "things" that you had held on to for one reason or another? 

I do.  Although...I don't really have a reason for keeping him other than the fact that I love him.

His name is Charlie Brown.

Charlie is a bear that I have had ever since I was maybe 8 or 9 years old.  I picked him out of a prize list for selling a certain amount of magazines during our grade school's yearly magazine sale. I didn't realize this until later, but I think most of those magazines that I sold (if not all?) were purchased by my parents. So thanks, Mom and Dad. Charlie was an amazing gift.

I have no idea why I loved...and love...this bear so much. But he was always there, waiting in my bedroom for me. Whether it was a good day, a bad day, a long day, a day that just went by way too quickly, a crazy day, a boring day...you name it, and he was there.

This is probably really lame, especially because now that we have Vincent we keep accumulating more and more "stuff"...but I just can't bring myself to ever get rid of him.  He's a little matted and not quite as fluffy as he once was, but he's freakin awesome and I love that bear!

And what does Vincent think?

Well...



I'm not so sure he's "sold" on Charlie yet. 

That's okay, though.  There's no rush.  Charlie is really good at sticking around.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Charlie is the cutest thing EVER!!!

Cathy Trails

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...