Saturday, June 30, 2012

the amazing charlie brown

Do you have any childhood "things" that you had held on to for one reason or another? 

I do.  Although...I don't really have a reason for keeping him other than the fact that I love him.

His name is Charlie Brown.

Charlie is a bear that I have had ever since I was maybe 8 or 9 years old.  I picked him out of a prize list for selling a certain amount of magazines during our grade school's yearly magazine sale. I didn't realize this until later, but I think most of those magazines that I sold (if not all?) were purchased by my parents. So thanks, Mom and Dad. Charlie was an amazing gift.

I have no idea why I loved...and love...this bear so much. But he was always there, waiting in my bedroom for me. Whether it was a good day, a bad day, a long day, a day that just went by way too quickly, a crazy day, a boring name it, and he was there.

This is probably really lame, especially because now that we have Vincent we keep accumulating more and more "stuff"...but I just can't bring myself to ever get rid of him.  He's a little matted and not quite as fluffy as he once was, but he's freakin awesome and I love that bear!

And what does Vincent think?


I'm not so sure he's "sold" on Charlie yet. 

That's okay, though.  There's no rush.  Charlie is really good at sticking around.

1 comment:

Ms. Cathy said...

Charlie is the cutest thing EVER!!!

Cathy Trails

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...