Tuesday, May 6, 2008

i'm the reject from a freakshow

Thanks to my friend, Lindsay, I am charged with the task of telling the world about 6 things that are weird about me. The challenge here is narrowing the list down to 6. Here's my attempt:
  1. The first things that comes to mind is the fact that I'm [almost] 28 and am infatuated with the CW's newest show, Gossip Girl. It's a good thing that Joe goes to dialysis on Monday nights now, otherwise he'd be forced to watch it, too. I don't know what it is about that show that makes me like it so much because it's bascially about the over-scandalous and dramatic lives of the richest of the rich New York City teenagers on the Upper East Side and is anything but realistic. I mean, seriously people...these kids are like 16 years old and they meet at bars for drinks on school nights? How do they get in? [It's only a show, Theresa!] Anyway, it's just plain awesome and is a guilty pleasure of mine. Dare I mention that I religiously watch The Bachelor, too?
  2. My wardrobe consists [pretty much] entirely of black and brown. And my idea of branching out is wearing different shades of brown. I do spice it up sometimes, though, and wear gray or khaki. Yep, you're talkin' to a real life rebel here.
  3. I sometimes like to sing Elvis's "Hound Dog" in a really funny voice to our puppy, Lucy. What makes this even weirder is the fact that I dance like someone from another planet while singing it. It's cute, though, because it makes her excited (or angry...not really sure which, to be completely honest).
  4. Sometimes, when I run out of clean underwear or socks, I'll just buy new ones instead of washing them right away. I'm pretty sure this is more common than I realize, but I still think it's weird.
  5. My eyes are bigger than my stomach when it comes to reading books. Our bookshelf is overflowing so much that I am contemplating buying a new bookshelf to go right next to the one we already have. The weird part about this, though, is that I've only read about half of them. I have a "to read" list the length of the Amazon!
  6. Tunaritos. I refuse to eat a tuna sandwich without Nacho Cheese Doritos with it. And by "with it", I actually mean inside it. For example, I will place a layer of Doritos between the tuna and the bread. It's really really REALLY good, I promise. It gives an otherwise mushy sandwich a little crunchy twist. And it adds a little extra flavor, too. By the way...the name "Tunarito" is mine so don't you even try to steal it!
And thus ends the story of why I would be rejected from a freakshow: I'm just TOO WEIRD! All right, Joehammed...now it's your turn!

2 comments:

Karen said...

I love Gossip Girl, too. And my Joe can't stand it. My former CW obsession was Gilmore Girls which I now religiously watch the reruns on the ABC Family Channel. I think Joe was hoping I'd be done with the CW shows. Hee hee.

Colleen said...

Gossip Girl ROCKS, and I almost want to end all phone conversations with "XOXO Gossip Girl!" I have to stop myself, NO JOKE!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...