Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Joe here

Yay ! My catheter is finally out, now I can freely shower whenever I want ! How in Gods name do they expect people to not shower for the length of time they have a catheter in ? I had mine for 3 months, and they told me not to shower, because of the risk of infection. It's over 100 hundred degrees, I need to shower thanks. I did shower every other day, and I cleaned and redressed my bandage really well. I did not swim though, because of the chemical in pools, and risk of infection in lakes. While I was there I got my fistula mapped too ! I was sedated so I don't really remember it, but I do have a huge needle hole where they inserted a probe with a camera and a balloon attachment. They took pictures of the fistula for my dialysis unit, since some of the people there can't find it, and I get stuck multiple times to find a spot with good flow. Maybe if I get motivated (or T does it) we'll scan the pictures they gave me of the inside of my arm. I meant to ask for the catheter back after the procedure, but I was very groggy and forgot. here's what it looked like:

Click Here

and Here

in 2 days I can go swimming ! WOOFRIGGENHOO !!! I'm looking forward to swimming, because it's 113 degrees today.

1 comment:

t dawg said...

YAHOO! No more only going up to your waist!!

Although...now I can't point at you and laugh anymore because you'll be able to go all the way in now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...