Monday, April 20, 2009

looking back

Last year at this time....
  • Joe had recently started dialysis
  • I had been notified that my company was going to be closing and I had to look for a new job
  • Lucy was only 6 months old and still in the process of being housebroken
  • We hadn't gone camping anywhere in Arizona yet
  • Joe hadn't gone any further West than Arizona
  • We hadn't gone hiking at all in the Phoenix Mountains Preserve (which is literally 1 mile from our apartment)
  • We just bought a brand new computer
  • My nails were all long (past the tips of my fingers) and my hair was at least 7 in shorter
  • Joe had just popped the question!!
This year at this time....
  • Joe has an AWESOME new kidney...thanks to his sister, Jen
  • I have a new job working with the University of Phoenix
  • Lucy is a little over a year and a half and hasn't had an accident inside since I don't even remember when
  • We have gone camping pretty much every month (or every other month) since last May
  • We took an amazing trip to Hawaii, so now Joe has gone much FURTHER West than Arizona
  • We have started to hike as much as possible in the Phoenix Mountains Preserve
  • The computer is still up and running with no problems (knock on wood) and has been wonderful (iMacs are seriously a wonderful investment, by the way)
  • My nails are all gone (sadly) and my hair is getting a little too long and scraggly
  • Joe and I are now married (to each other, DUH!!) and it has been nothing short of wonderful!!!
I'm sure there are many other things I am forgetting here, but it's amazing how much can change from year to year, huh?

1 comment:

Samara Link said...

What an awesome recap. How exciting for you to look back and see all that progress. You guys have been busy with a lot of good, solid, positive things. And most importantly, you're doing it together. Very cool stuff.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...