Wednesday, July 13, 2011

38 days to go. Wait............WHAT?!?!?

Week:
35 5/7. More than halfway through week 35 already, actually. Just a couple more days and the 35th week will be over. So weird that there are less than 6 weeks left. So. Weird.

Size of Baby:
According to the interweb, books, blogs, you name it…the baby should be around 5 ½ pounds now. BabyCenter, in particular, states that at 35 weeks the baby should weigh about as much as a honeydew melon (which is around 5 ¼ pounds). Well, let’s just pretend you read our blog from last week. That means that you know that our ultrasound from last week showed that our baby was already at approximately 5 ¼ pounds. I know those things are just “estimates”, but I have a feeling that he’s going to be a little porker.

Size of Mom:
So rude. Why would you even ask that? Bank this in your list of things NOT to ask of a pregnant lady. :-) Let’s just say that I’ve gained way more than I should have and already voided out all of the weight I lost last year. Yeah…let’s just leave it at that. Kinda making me sick just thinking about it (but yet I still want dinner).

Fetal Movement:
I have heard and read that around this time the baby starts to move less and less. But I have noticed that, while he’s not quite rolling and somersaulting anymore, he’s definitely still moving. He’s most active after meals (see…a little porker!) and will usually always squirm if I drink some cold ice water. But he’s definitely still moving in there. Sometimes I will even feel a hand punch towards the bottom of my belly and a foot kick up top all at the same time. He’s probably ready to have more room so that he can more easily move his ginormous head. :-) But he’s definitely still kickin’ that’s for sure. I remember that at one of my appointments they said that you should always be able to feel 10 movements within a 2 hour time frame. With that in mind (and believe me, I’ve counted), our little one makes at least 10 movements within a 1 hour time frame. So freakin’ cute, eh?

Sleep:
I’m starting to realize that I don’t know what that word even means. I mean, I actually fall asleep really easily (which probably annoys Joe a little), but because of the canteloupe in my abdomen, it gets pretty uncomfortable pretty easily. Plus, I have to get up at least 4 to 5 times every night to get rid of the fluid in my ever-shrinking bladder. So all in all I probably only get about 4 hours of actual sleep. And I know it’s only going to get worse, especially when the baby arrives and I can probably only sleep for 2 minutes. But then eventually it will get better again. So I’ll just shut my yapper. :-)

Cravings:
None. Seriously. Not at all. I love eating salads and could probably eat salad for every meal, but I loved salads before becoming pregnant…so I wouldn’t really call salad a “craving”. A few weeks ago, though, I discovered that Haagen Dazs (stereotypical, I know) makes a chocolate ice cream with chunks/swirls of peanut butter. I don’t “crave” it, per se, but that’s the closest I’ve come to craving anything during this entire pregnancy. I like to think that means I’m getting a little bit of everything I should be.

Symptoms:
***BRIEF COMPLAINING ALERT***
Skip to the next section if you are sensitive to complaints and references to bodily functions.
  • Bloating – retaining an unbelievable amount of water.
  • Edema – The swelling (aka. “cankles”) associated with water retention.
  • Aches – Back aches and knee aches (from all the weight my poor legs now support).
  • Urination Issues – Extremely excessive urination, also had a UTI that I had to take meds for so as not to go into preterm labor (apparently infections can do that).
  • Carpal tunnel syndrome – This freakin’ HURTS! I used to think it was a joke and that people who had “carpal tunnel syndrome” were just whiners. But it’s the real deal. And it’s stupid.
  • Gas – The most uncomfortable gas I have ever experienced in my life. Sorry if that is crude, but it’s just plain TRUE. Nobody has gas like a pregnant lady. Nobody.
  • Memory Issues – What was I just talking about? Yeah. Really bad. On that note...I feel like I'm forgetting some symptoms. Joe? Am I missing any?

What The Doctor Says:
Nothing. You may think that this means I have a terrible doctor. I like to think it’s because my pregnancy has been pretty low key. Which is a GOOD thing. As of next week, however, I will be going for weekly appointments until the big day arrives, so will definitely keep you posted of any news from the doctor front.

I Am Missing:
Feeling normal. Being a normal, healthy weight. Seeing my feet. Seeing my feet look their normal size. Seeing my boobs look their normal size (bras are flippin' EXPENSIVE!). Being able to get up on my own without help. Sleeping through the night. Being able to shave my legs comfortably.

I Am Looking Forward To:
Holding our little baby and meeting him for the first time. Seeing Joe as a dad (he's going to be a GREAT one!). Being able to announce our baby and his name (since I seriously get the "what is your baby's name" question every single day). Seeing Lucy meet her little baby brother. Being a normal, healthy weight again. Seeing my feet again. Being able to get up on my own without help again. Not having heartburn or gas anymore. Sleeping through the night again.

Uhh......eventually, right?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...