Friday, March 9, 2012

FSAF #4 Tanks and Monsters

I actually planned on taking Vincent to the zoo today, but we were going to go with his Aunt Alanna. Alanna was too busy studying, so I decided we could wait a week and go to the zoo with her. So at about 8:30 this morning I was scrambling to find something fun to do. We decided to go hike the Waterfall Trail in the White Tank Regional Park. Also they were supposed to have a presentation at noon about Gila Monsters. I thought we would get there about 10:30, hike the 2 miles round trip, then head over to the nature center for the presentation. Unfortunately I forgot we were operating on baby time, and I haven't really been super active these past 7 months. The trail was wide, smooth, and not too steep, but because I was wearing V on my back and my previously mentioned inactivity, it took longer than expected. We started hiking around 11:30, saw some petroglyphs, made it to the top and saw no water falling. The waterfall is only active after heavy rains. There was a small pool at the bottom, and some guys told me there was another pool that was about 6 feet deep, but it required scrambling up some rocks and I didn't feel comfortable going up there with V on my back. Anyway we finished the hike right at 1pm, so no Gila Monsters for us today. Then on the way home I stopped and got myself fish tacos. Here's a few pics (CLICK ON THE THUMBNAILS FOR LARGER IMAGES!!!!!!):

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...