Sunday, October 5, 2008

1 day, 9 hrs, 1 min, 30 scds, 29 scds, 28 scds...

FIRSTLY:

Here's a little PR for my friend, Lindsay.

Besides being an amazing woman (who has the most wonderful friends and family!!!)...she is having twins this December. Identical twins. And she's also (fairly) newly married! What an exciting year, huh??

Her tale has been rather taxing and there have definitely been some scary moments during her pregnancy, but all is well for her, she is looking beautiful as ever, and she has an awesome support network and a husband who will, without a doubt, be the best father to these special little girls! Thank you, Lindsay, for letting me be part of your journey to parenthood!



LASTLY (but definitely NOT leastly):

This is Joe before his transplant (he is reading some mail in this picture because I interrupted him to snap this photo).

If I had a picture of Jen right now, I'd put that up, too...but I don't. I'll take some pictures over the next week, though, and will keep you all posted on everything that's going on.

I can't believe how quickly time has passed. And, while I know that this is major surgery for both Joe and his sister, I know that the outcome will be wondrous.

There is this booklet that Joe picked up once when he was at the Mayo Clinic for testing and it tells a bunch of different stories of people who have had transplants of all kinds - even the story about an artificial heart transplant that lasted for 13 days before the woman was able to get an actual heart transplanted in her. AMAZING!! These folks at the Mayo Clinic are first class and I'm just so happy that, of all places, Joe and Jen are in their hands.

Once again, I'll keep everyone posted as soon as I have details (and as soon as I'm able to actually sit down at the computer). So until then...hats off to Joe, Jen and the doctors. Keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

4 comments:

Lindsay Teague Moreno | 5ive Photo said...

Hey T, i'm so glad you came to the shower! I love that we've reconnected!!! Thank you for everything.

Joe, Michael and I have you in our prayers! Good luck with the transplant! You're in good hands.

Lindsay

Colleen said...

My thoughts and prayers are with ALL of you during this very trying BUT EXCITING time!

Samara Link said...

The shower was nice, huh?! Lindsay was so happy to have you there, and I really enjoyed meeting you.

As for Joe and Jen and all things kindney... You guys have a big, big day coming up! I'll be sending you all the love and light I can. It's going to go great. Keep us posted and best wishes!

Lindsay Teague Moreno | 5ive Photo said...

hey, thinking of you guys. how is everything? PLEASE let me know if there is anything i can do...food, errands, watch Lucy, walk her, anything. I'm so there and need an excuse to get out!

Lindsay

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...