Tuesday, October 28, 2008

where everybody knows your name...

FIRST...

I have finally started my new job after 6 weeks of training. The first 3 weeks of training were hard. It was like sitting in a classroom all over again, learning and memorizing things from a book all day long. Once I started the "on the job training" 3 weeks later, I felt as if I had to learn one more thing, my brain might literally explode. Well, turns out that I don't give my brain enough credit (sometimes) because I DID have to learn more and more and more and my brain didn't actually explode. Now that the on the job training is over, I'm working on the floor now and it's going okay so far. It's very exhausting, though - I come home really beat at the end of each day. And they don't have my phone working yet (which is kind of hard for a job that requires tons of phone conversations), but overall, it's okay so far. I still have a lot to get used to, but I'll deal. It's just a job, right? Plus...the people are nice and, in an economy where job security is falling by the day, it's nice to have a job that is fairly secure for now.

Now...on to something even MORE exciting....

Within the past 7 months or so, I have taken a stab at learning web design. My skills in web design and html coding is pretty fundamental but, with a little patience and time, I was able to teach myself the basics and have created a couple of rough draft websites. And with my design work for The Hampshire House and Cheers under my belt already, I was approached by a friend and colleague with the company to try to redesign the Cheers website.

And guess what??? It's FINALLY UP AND RUNNING!!!!! Take a look......and be nice to me. Tell me it looks really really awesome even if it doesn't!!!

Check it out here:
Cheers Boston Website

Anyway...I bet ya didn't know I was this cool, did ya?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cool site!

Colleen said...

AWESOME JOB! You must be so proud! I could NEVER do anything like that! WAY TO GO!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...