Friday, October 17, 2008

an update for all y'all

As you can see, posting is becoming few and far between...for which I apologize. Most of that is due to the fact that Joe and Jen had their big surgeries last week as well as the fact that I have started a new job.

All is well so far since the surgery, so that's really good. Joe is healing well and is even able to walk the dog with me now! Not that I don't mind doing it like I usually do, but it's fun to take family walks together. He's still not able to lift anything, really...but don't worry, Joey....you'll be able to help clean again in NO time!! he he he And as for Jen, she and Chris left on Wednesday and, as far as we know, things are healing okay for her. Like I said before, the Mayo Clinic is just really awesome and everything went so smoothly. In fact, I'm going to see if there's an online comment form or something so that I can go say nice things about them.

And as for work, I pretty much feel like this every day...


...so that's another reason postings are getting further apart. I'll try to get updates posted as often as I can, but just for the interim, while I get used to getting up really early and working all day, I pretty much just want to curl up in a ball and veg out whenever I get home so blogging is usually last on my list of things to do each day. Especially since I never get to just veg out when I get home.

What do I do, may you ask?

Well, usually I have to make dinner (although Joe has done the past couple nights....SO GOOD!!!), then I walk the dog for about 2 miles since she doesn't get exercise during the day, and that is usually followed by a trip to the dog park (since 2 miles hardly tires out a little beagle) and, by the time I get a chance to sit down and down and do nothing it's already time for bed. Craziness, I tell you.

And, on top of all of that, the new job is a little crazy. All the people are really really REALLY awesome...but I'm not quite sure if it's a good fit for me yet. So that uncertainty is really weighing down on me as well.

And, yes, to answer the question in your head, I AM just complaining right now and will definitely get over it especially since, in the grand scheme of things, life could be so much MORE crazy than it is. But sometimes it's just nice to vent, eh?

But everything else is just awesome! Lucy is getting so much smarter (and sometimes dumber) every day. Having Jen and Chris here, besides the life-giving nature of the visit, was really really nice. And Ma McGowan is still here and she's helping keep everything together and epsecially helping Joe while I'm at work. We've got health, life, love, family, friends, food on the table and roofs over our heads. PLUS......::drum roll please::......the new Cheers website will be up soon, so I will let you know as soon as it's up and running so you can take a look at my first big website design job. YAY!!!!!! So all in all, the fall has gotten off to a great start.

I'll definitely have Joe post next time so that he can tell you his side of the story but, until then, thanks again Jen (and Chris), thanks for everything Ma McGowan, and I hope everyone has a really nice weekend! I know I will...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...