Monday, December 1, 2008

Apache Lake Weekend

Joe, Lucy Fur and I went camping this past weekend. We decided to go out near Canyon Lake (Tortilla Flat, to be precise), because Joe took a drive out there with his family last month when they were in town. Turns out, the campground near Tortilla Flat was nowhere near the lake. We remember reading that there was a campground on Apache Lake, so we decided to drive a little further to that site. Well, the road ended and we were stuck on a steep and winding dirt road for about 20 miles. It was fun, but looooonnng! I know I'm a wimp and it was probably just a "bumpy road" to some, but I consider it off-roading a little bit. There was one point where we thought maybe we should turn around, but right after we rounded a corner, there it was. And the sites were right on the lake. It was so beautiful. Cold enough at night that you saw your breath when you stepped away from the fire. But it was gorgeous. And Lucy even had fun swimming in the lake. The water was freezing, but she didn't seem to mind. We want to go back!! Here's a little taste of what the weekend was like. Hope you enjoy...



And here's a video of Lucy playing in the water. She LOVED it! Once we got to the beach, she just started going in on her own. Then we threw some sticks in and she went and snatched them and swam back. We had her on a lead so she couldn't go too far, but she loved it! She's our little Beagle Retriever. [oh yeah...and just ignore my annoying voice.]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lucy is too cute. lookin at tickets to visit, no too expensive. I want to go to Apache junction!

joehammed said...

we can probably go, it's not far from Phoenix, and it's next to Mesa. If you can try to do midweek flights, like tuesday to tuesday it's cheaper and you can do some sightseeing.

Samara Link said...

I love this post!!!
It looks like you guys found the perfect spot for Lucy and for this time of year. I loved the video!! So much fun. In fact, I liked it so much, I watched it and then I opened it up again later on to share with David. He thought it was pretty great, too. Glad you're both HEALTHY and having fun. Life is good, huh? Also, thank you for sharing your spot. I might have to pop over there!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...