Monday, July 28, 2008

all things joe + theresa

I thought that I would take a minute to update everyone on life in T & Joe Land:
  1. This weekend was so relaxing! Saturday was fun. All we did was sit around, relax, play with Lucy and relax. Yes, we did pretty much the same thing the previous weekend, but sometimes it's just really good to do nothing, you know? And then Saturday night we met up with my friend, Lindsay, from grade school and her husband, Michael. I hadn't seen her since I was about 14 years old, so it's kind of like we have to get to know each other all over again since there is a universe of things that have happened since we last saw each other. But she's just so easy-going and fun to be around, so we all had a blast! Let's do it again sometime, Linds!!
  2. Joe and I started to attend Evenings for the Engaged. Our first session was last night (Sunday). I gotta say...neither of us wanted to go. First of all, it's at 6:30pm on a Sunday night, lasts for 2.5 hours and is way out in East Mesa (about 45 minutes from the apartment). Plus, Joe has to get up really early for work, so we were just in a bad mood about the whole thing. Plus, we had this vision of crazy Jesus Freaks praying and chanting in circles and telling us how to live our lives. Ok...so that was MY vision. But on the way there, we were thinking, "you know...I bet the other couples attending these sessions aren't really thrilled about coming either...so let's just keep an open mind and give it a shot." Turns out, the couple hosting the session was pretty laid back and even funny at times, the other couples seemed really nice (there were 5 other couples in addition to us), there was nothing really Jesus Freaky about it (except all the crazy pictures on the walls), and the time actually flew by once we got there. And the group, as a whole, decided to start meeting a little earlier on Sundays. So that was cool. I think it will be an interesting experience and, actually....I'm looking forward to it!
  3. As for everything else: Joe is still on dialysis for a few more months until he gets his new kidney from Jen - I am still working as a graphic designer part time and looking for full time work (if anyone has any contacts that may need work, LET ME KNOW and I'll get you my resume) - Lucy is wonderfully cute as always (although...she gained 2 pounds in one week so it looks like I'll have to start walking her more than 2 miles a day) - and life (besides the crazy heat) is just...good.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...