Monday, July 21, 2008

knight of darkness

Since the ONLY things Joe and I wanted to do this weekend were: relax, read, swim, relax, spend time with Lucy, sleep, eat, relax, read, relax [and did I mention relax?]...we decided to spice it up a little and go see the new Batman movie.


BAD IDEA!

SATURDAY
We got to the theater an hour before the show started (for those who know us well, getting somewhere that early is monumental!). To no avail, the parking lot was full. I figured, "Okay...it's a Saturday night and it just came out the day before. This sucks, but no big deal, we'll come back tomorrow."

SUNDAY
Read the first 2 sentences of the Saturday description.

I was PEEVED beyond belief at this point and decided that I hated EVERYONE!** I was so confused because: (1) the movie theater we go to is never ever even 0.0001% full on Sundays and (2) I couldn't figure out why so many people were there. I mean...yeah, it's summer time and a nice thing to do on the weekends (staying somewhere indoors because it's so hot outside), but the garage was full two days in a row? Come on, people!

CONCLUSION
Only two movies (that I know of) opened at the box offices on Friday: The Dark Knight and Mamma Mia. I actually DO want to see Mamma Mia and generally I really enjoy when musicals are made into movies, but there's NO WAY that the place was jammed packed two days in a row for Mamma Mia. Sorry Meryl Streep...no offense.

OTHER CONCLUSION
I know there's talk of Oscar nominations for Heath Ledger [already]. And I'm really glad that he was able to have such an awesome performance (or so I hear) be his last. Plus...I've liked most of his films for the past 10 years (ever since 10 Things I Hate About You first came out). But I'm thinking I might just wait for video on this one. Especially since I don't think the hype will die down any time soon. Seriously. It's just a movie. Not the second coming of Christ.



**I'm not really a vile, hateful person. I just sometimes get really annoyed and flustered easily.

4 comments:

Colleen said...

Oh, the movie theater we went to was PACKED, and the showing we saw was 9:05 on Sunday morning! COME ON, really, we thought we would be the only crazy people there that early because we have kids!!! SORRY you didn't get to see it, if you check out my blog, you will see that it scared the shit out of me, but maybe you are into that sort of thing!!

Lindsay Teague Moreno | 5ive Photo said...

haha...yea, the theater was a madhouse this weekend. Dark Knight was sold out for 3 days in every harkins theater in the Valley. It was totally worth it...don't let it pass you by. Go to the Wallace Theatres on Gilbert/Warner...it's never packed!

L

t dawg said...

Okay. I'm commenting on my own blog now.

I actually had a dream last night and Heath Ledger was in it. We were playing football or soccer or something like that at the Angulo's (family friends) house. He was smiling and laughing and making friends with everybody.

I woke up feeling guilty about my hostility and have changed my mind. I will patronize the movie and try to go see it in the theaters soon. Perhaps just the first weekend it came out wasn't the best idea, right?

Lindsay Teague Moreno | 5ive Photo said...

haha...good to know Heath is nice from beyond the grave! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...