Wednesday, August 20, 2008

you can tell a lot about a woman...

...by the amount of time it takes her to pick out her wedding dress.

Alanna and I went to a bridal shop last week to look at dresses and color options and stuff...and when we got there and started looking around, the (kind of rude) lady said that "in order to look at stuff and try stuff on, you need an appointment". Whatever. We signed up for an appointment.

Our appointment was set for today. On the way there, Alanna stressed the need for me to not take forever (as, apparently, I tend to take forever when trying on clothes in fitting rooms). So we got there a minute or two before our appointment, and I had picked a dress after 30 minutes (and that INCLUDES trying them on!).

I swear to you.

We were done at 11:30.

Then we picked out color options and Alanna tried some dresses on and we settled on a few bridesmaid dress options. It was so FUN!!!!!

Anyway, I even told Joe (on his lunch break) that I had gotten a dress and he didn't believe me. He said, "you mean the person who usually procrastinates everything actually picked a dress already?" I laughed....because it's TRUE!! I'm a procrastinator (it takes one to know one, Joe!!).

Now if you can tell a lot about a woman by the amount of time it takes her to pick out her wedding dress...then does that make me too hasty? I am a person who usually DREADS decision making. It could be because I'm partially phlegmatic in nature (it's been suggested by our Evenings for the Engaged mentors, that we read about our personalities so that we can all better understand each other and everyone else we know). But, anyway...maybe I was too hasty? I don't know. But one thing I DO know is that it's a pretty dress and I like it and that's all that matters.

2 comments:

Lindsay Teague Moreno | 5ive Photo said...

I am so with you on this one. I went to the store, tried on 3 dresses (because the lady made me try 2 before she got the one I wanted) and I was done. I was out the door in a half hour. I think this means you know what you want and you go get it. Not too hasty, decisive is the word! :) You have dreamed for years about this day and what you'll look like, you know when a dress is and is not for you! Great work!

Lindsay

PS...I need your address so I can send you an invite to my baby shower (well, so my friend can send you an invite).

Colleen said...

What an exciting time! I am with you, I tried on two dresses, they were exactly the same except one had tulle for the bottom of the dress, one satin. REALLY, I think everyone dreams about their wedding for so long, that they know what they want when they get there! LOL! Congratulations, I am sure the dress is GORGEOUS! Do you have a wedding date?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...